Friday, July 5, 2013

Concentrated

Every angler has that want to achieve objective of catching big fish, and I feel the same too. But so much of my pursuits are on small waters that large fish are not an option. What is available are those wild trout in a more compact size, sort of "concentrated". The waters and the natural environment where these wild trout are found are of the same "concentrated" size.

My thoughts are any wild trout with parr marks are the most beautiful creatures a person can take on the fly. It seems as if when they grow large they loose some of their beauty. This is only my opinion and I'm sure there are a few of you shaking your heads no. The stream where this post originates is one such concentrated stream.

It's dark waters, plunge pools and slow runs are a heaven for brook trout. Such places have and continue to inspire me.


Such concentrated wild beauty, taken on a dry fly makes me want to keep a 2wt fly rod in hand.




I have fished this stream up to this point. Beyond the fallen tree the water becomes harder to access, with thick laurel it appears to be a place left to be. I some day will attempt to explore it, and its wild inhabitants.

7 comments:

  1. i always love the views of your woods and streams! so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TexWisGirl,
      Thanks.
      They are eye candy for sure.

      Delete
  2. Alan
    I would take that brook any day on a 2 wt.----give me a 12" rainbow on a 3 wt. and I am happy thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Trussell,
      Thanks.
      Either one would work so well for me.

      Delete
  3. We think alike in many ways, Alan. I recently wrote a post over on my blog about my love for catching small fish. There is something to say about your statement of smaller fish being infinitely more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel,
      Thanks.
      I think that's a good thing.
      Small fish are like wild blueberries, oh so sweet.

      Delete
  4. Digging your way thru that brush..well worth the effort..

    ReplyDelete