Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A wild brown trout, and some blueberries.


There are many times when people who follow my blog will email me with their thoughts as well as a photo or two. Many of their outings as well as there locations are given to me and they are held in confidence. And there are those photos in which the angler does not mind sharing and gives me the O.K. to post on my blog. This is one of a host of photos that Michael Stephens has sent to me. The photo is absolutely gorgeous.

Mike is also a rod maker with many fine rods to his credit. I am trying now to decide just how I want mine built.


Wild brown trout.  Photo Michael Stephens




The next few weeks are going to be hot, mid summer here. In these times some of the small streams need a break from fishing. While there are certain times when I'll pay them a visit as well as the cold tailwaters of the Farmington. I do have many summer activities that keep me busy as well as outdoors.

One such activity took place yesterday. Jeanette and I went blueberry picking for the first time this year.


On this farm the bluberries span as far as you can see.


Native Connecticut blueberries. These were sorted and debris removed. They were placed on cookie sheets and put into the freezer. Today they will be bagged and frozen. They will be wonderful eating come winter. A reminder of a hot July day.


Jeanette's blueberry muffins. Had one last night, and perhaps one for breakfast this A.M.












20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. flyfisher1000,
      Thanks.
      Like those muffins, Dave.

      Delete
  2. Stunning Brown!!! You might want to bring some of those blue berry muffins on our annual New Years Day outing!! They look delish and I know they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TROUT1,
      Thanks.
      He was indeed a beauty. I see I'm not the only one thinking from time to time about a plan for New Years Day.

      Delete
  3. Stunning pic of that brown. Gotta love fresh blueberry muffins , I could use one of those to go with my cup of coffee right about now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HighPlainsFlyFisher,
      Thanks.
      Yes you do. I had two for breakfast today.....they are sort of small.

      Delete
  4. This reminds me that it's almost time to hit the fields on Blueberry Hill. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rivertoprambles,
      Thanks.
      Walt we were told that they were going to be picking for some time. A good year.

      Delete
  5. gorgeous photo of the fish! holy smokes! only to be outdone by blueberry muffins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TexWisGirl,
      Thanks.
      Teresa, a hard choice for sure.

      Delete
  6. Impressive Brown Trout in the photo. Perfect timing on the behalf of Michael with the camera. But, even more impressive are those Blueberry Muffins..................................................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pond Stalker,
      Thanks.
      It's hard to get shots like that. It's all got to come together in seconds.
      Love those muffins.

      Delete
  7. Blueberry muffins and wild browns, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,
      Thanks.
      Sweet and wild, how can we go wrong.

      Delete
  8. fresh blueberries look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LQN,
      Thanks.
      I love them when still frozen and put on corn flakes.

      Delete
  9. These images wet the appetite for some food and fishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael Curry,
      Thanks.
      A nice combination friend.

      Delete
  10. Alan
    Blueberries are usually on my bowl of cereal every morning, a healthy choice. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Trussell,
      Thanks.
      Mine too. I like to place them in still frozen.

      Delete