Wednesday, July 15, 2020

One Fine Day

A mid July day. I chose a little brook to walk up and to toss a fly or two. The morning was cloudy to bright and the sun when it glanced upon the stream gave an illusion of ice crystals. The stream flow was more than enough and it's temperature a cool 60 degrees. Walking along I saw brook trout darting about, it's amazing how the can vanish in a pool of crystal clear water. Multi colored ghosts. Two flies were used this day, and for that matter one would have been all that was needed.



Coming upon a pool like this I spooked several fish. I chose to just sit for 10 minutes or so and let things settle down. It was a good choice for it not only afford me the chance to fish a pool that I knew had brookies in it, but it also gave the knees a rest. It's places like this where I wish I had a cup of coffee, man would it have tasted so good.


I managed to fool 3 brookies in that pool. All as pretty as the one I photographed.


No words are necessary here, well perhaps one "simplicity"....







13 comments:

  1. Looks to me that you have the Tenkara thing down pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark Kautz
      Thanks
      Mark I'm part way there. Lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your blog. I love the pictures, and the comments & even the menu suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sharecropper
      Thanks
      SSR's is a nice mix of reader input and my ramblings. The food is a tasty plus.

      Delete
  3. Better be careful, Alan, that Tiny Ten might be replacing your bamboo soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mike
      Thanks
      Mike I don't see that happening. But it does have a place on those small streams. Bamboo is a living technology.

      Delete
  4. Alan
    You are one lucky fly fisherman!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Trussell
      Thanks
      Bill I am in many ways. And I'm very thankful for that.

      Delete
  5. G'Day Alan,
    Lovely looking water and brookie. That little Tiny Ten is serving you well.
    Kind Regards,
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve
      Thanks
      Steve the more I fish it the better I like it.
      It has a way of slowing you down, not that I have ever been in a hurry. It puts you very close to the fish you pursue.

      Delete
  6. Alan, you seem to like tenkara's style a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Armando Milosevic
      Thanks
      Armando it's a close encounter with stream, fish and you.

      Delete