About a month ago I did a post on Gray Wolfs Rangeley Sesquicentennial streamer fly. One of my followers challenged me to try to copy the streamer. So the other day I got the necessary materials together and began tying this beautiful streamer.
Everything was going smoothly, even the bucktail was cooperative and the streamer came together nicely. I tied in the Jungle Cock and was applying the first coat of head finish.
That's when I noticed the clump of Peacock feathers on the table beside my tying station. The light went on and I said to myself "you forgot to tie in the shoulders". So I put another coat of lacquer on the head and completed the fly.
I guess it came out pretty good. Next time I'll put all the materials on the fly.