Monday, March 25, 2019

The Day's Are Getting Better

Another few hours in paradise. That's how I felt yesterday. I mean brilliant sunshine warm breezes and a few willing fish to the surface. It's odd how one can fish a stream for years and find some sections you have completely missed. I consider myself a slow poke when it comes to fishing. I usually fish everything that can possibly hold a fish, and I take my time to cover these places well. Then there are those places where I fish each time I'm on that stream and have never caught a fish. But you know what I still fish it because you never know.



Being so nice yesterday I was able to fish SSR's bamboo rod. I know it is only the second outing with it but I feel a love affair with it emerging. On this outing it performed flawlessly. It placed the fly where I cast and was responsive to the strike. In this photo you see that submerged log well right in the arched section in the shadow a fish was rising. The fly was presented and it was taken.


This was the trout that was looking up. These fish have come out of the winters cold and are extremely aggressive. See the nasty scar...tough survivor.


I turned over some rocks and found many of these.


A run with bright sunlight upon it, then why can't I see the fish?


It was there and he took a Adam's Parachute. Strong wild jewel.









22 comments:

  1. Some sunshine, a fine rod in hand and a few fish certainly add up to a great day. JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaverdam
      Thanks
      Joe it was one of my better days of this year thanks in part to what you just said.

      Delete
  2. Always said you have to fish every nook and cranny on a stream. Ya never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark Kautz
      Thanks
      Mark that's so true. At this time in my life I have the time to do a lot of checking.

      Delete
  3. I love that last picture of the rod and the brookie. That fish looks like he was in great shape; must have felt like whale on that new rod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mike
      Thanks
      Mike that photo came out better than I had hoped it would. Yes the fish were in super shape, good sign for the future.

      Delete
  4. You are a master with the camera. Love the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael
      Thanks
      Michael the credit for a good photo is a great subject.

      Delete
  5. Those pictures are great, Alan. That bottom brookie is a beast out of that small stream, any stream for that matter. Great pics of that survivor brook trout and nymph too. It appears there is a good food supply in that small stream. I imagine a small pheasant tail nymph would be a good imitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parachute Adams
      Thanks
      Sam that brookie was handled well by the new rod. The photo really doesn't show it but that scar was nasty. They are tough fish. Your spot on about the pheasant tail.

      Delete
  6. Another good post and photos, and yeah, that last pic of trout and rod is something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al R.
      Thanks
      Al that brookie was photogenic as well as cooperative.

      Delete
  7. Alan
    Amazing how shallow the trout will go for a meal; glad you are getting some decent weather. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Trussell
      Thanks
      Bill in these streams they will go most anyplace to get food. Weather has been feeling good and there seems to be no snow in the forecast...happy, happy.

      Delete
  8. Delightful atmospheric photographs, time and place perfection. I think I have a little green man on my shoulder! Regards, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Two Terriers
      Thanks
      John wonderful little statement..green man?

      Delete
    2. The little Green Man of jealousy! Regards, John

      Delete
  9. Great pictures as usual! I now have to travel 1.5 hours to get the wild brookies but I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NJpatbee
      Thanks
      Pat that's a long drive, but it's worth it.

      Delete
  10. Im always amazed at the clarity of the stream you fish Alan, the fish is simply stunning, well done again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George
      Thanks
      George the clarity can present a problem at times as far as me being seen easily. But I can live with that as long as the trout can have a pristine home.

      Delete