Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A couple of Rangeley style streamers.

I haven't posted a streamer in some time so last night I tied a couple. The first one is tied on a Martinek Rangeley streamer hook size 6 6xl. Tag and Rib is flat silver tinsel. Butt is peacock and the body is wine yarn. Belly white saddle hackle with a red throat. Wing is purple saddle hackle and jungle cock eyes.



This one is also tied on a Martinek hook #6 6xl. Tag and Rib flat silver tinsel. Body burnt orange yarn. Belly white saddle hackle with red throat. Wing is red saddle hackle with jungle cock eyes.





9 comments:

  1. Hi Alan. I'm always impressed with this type of streamer. They would make a great coffee table top book, but there is already one out there. I would get it, but $70 is a little too much for a CT book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark Kautz
      Thanks
      Mark there are a couple of good books out there. One really nice one is "Forgotten Flies".

      Delete
  2. ...and speaking of books, Alan. *Hint* *hint*. Those streamers are beautiful. Orange is a very productive color when trolling for Salmon up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mike
      Thanks
      Mike I only did a little trolling in all the years we fished Maine. Mooselookmeguntic was a favorite for us. Farrington Island to Stoney Batter point, landlocks and big brookies.

      Delete
    2. Mike a favorite trolling fly was the Footer Special.

      Delete
    3. That's a pattern I haven't tried. I've got a guinea fowl skin sitting around doing nothing, I I'll tie up a couple and give them a spin. Thanks.

      Delete
    4. It's a fly that has been god to me when I fished. I find when tied to small it's not as productive.

      Delete
  3. Alan
    Your streamers are beyond excellent, can't wait for Jason to see the ones you tied for him come Xmas. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Trussell
      Thanks
      I'm sure Jason will love the gift.

      Delete