Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Favorite

Risotto, with crimini mushrooms.



Risotto, is one of my special meals. Its a simple food, consisting of arborio rice, which is a short grain rice and when cooked slowly with chicken broth produces a creamy texture. A few ingredients are all that are necessary. An onion, garlic, good olive oil, and parmesan. You can add a vegetable, I like either spinach, or mushroom, but you can add shrimp, scallops, or meat. It takes about 20 minutes to cook, in which you must be stirring the rice and adding the broth a ladel at a time, allowing the rice to absorb it slowly, giving that creamy texture. A food of love, to be enjoyed with a bitter green salad, and a fine beverage.

Risotto with spinach.




Click on image for larger view.

5 comments:

  1. Also two great dishes to take on a backpacking trip. Easy to prepare and carry. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have said this before, but I love that you post pics of food! Makes me hungry!

    On a different note, do you know what happened to Smallstreams? I get an error.

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,guys.

    Ryan, smallstreams is working OK for me.

    ReplyDelete