Saturday, April 18, 2015

"Cabin Creek" Spiders

I am offering a couple of fly selections for sale. One is a four fly soft hackle tied with four different color bodies, peacock thorax and partridge hackle. The other is a four fly different color body, peacock thorax with starling hackle.

These flies are tied with attention to detail, with materials known to take trout.


Selection #1, is the four partridge hackle selection.
Tied on #14 hooks.


Selection #2 is the starling hackle set.
These are also tied on #14 hooks.

The price of each set is $8.00 plus shipping. If interested you can contact me at uppahdam@aol.com


10 comments:

  1. Nice flies! But I think there is a typo in the "staling set". I guess it's starling. Thanks for sharing!
    Regards,
    Mats
    PS I'm warming up for this summers fishing. Saw a couple of eagles (related to the Bald Eagle, but with brown "hair") today. DS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jassid Man,
      Thanks.
      Mats it's nice to hear from you. The eagle "awesome"
      A good season for you.

      Delete
  2. Alan
    The soft hackle works on the tailrace here, impressed with both sets. Will be in touch--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a simple beauty in a sparsely tied soft hackle fly or North Country Spider. Your flies are certainly beautiful. I often fish here in Australia with just a Partridge and Orange and a Snipe and Purple on the end of my line. If we were allowed to fish three flies at once I'd tie on a Waterhen Bloa to complete the "Famous Three". Might it be possible for me to buy a set of your flies? I enjoy following your blog very much.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve Hynes,
    Thanks.
    Simplicity is key. The three flies you mentioned are indeed famous.
    Steve you can email me at uppahdam@aol.com

    ReplyDelete