Thursday, May 20, 2021

New Water


 Upstream from this bridge lies some new waters for me. I was out a couple of days ago when I finally decided to investigate a lovely looking piece of water. The main issue was the stream flowed through a large tract of private land. When I come upon such places what i do is to walk on the property so as to let anybody within the house I am there and to do this by being seen. Most times it does not take long before I'm confronted and that's when I lay it out as to my purpose. Well I was really surprised when the landowner took the time to talk to me and even showed an interest in my doings. He said I could fish through his property with just one request, do not enter an area he regarded as family private area. I agreed. Thanked him so much. Now to tell you what I found within that little stream.

 

I found places like this. Now that's a trout hideout if there ever was one. The stream is quite open and casting was a pleasure.
 

I found several of these guys nearby and they were happy to take my offerings.
 

The American Beech...man are these trees a big part in keeping brook trout happy. Their leaves provide an abundance of shade and that is critical in keeping water temps cool for the brookies.
 

The stream is pretty much like this. Easy access, low banks, and a clear trail.
 

And so far the residents of said stream are just fine. I still have some scouting to do but I think I may have found a real sweet stream.
 

 

18 comments:

  1. Wow, understanding land owners! You don't find that here in NM. If it isn't public it's posted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. billp
      Thanks
      Bill we have those NO types here to but luckily there are a few that understand and can tell the difference between a hellion and an angler.

      Delete
  2. Now that is a find! And a generous landowner too. That last brookie looks pretty sizable.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ned Zeppelin
      Thanks
      Keven generous indeed. I'll find a way to thank him. That brookie was in the open stream. Oh well even they make mistakes.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see a landowner willing to engage with you and be civil, let alone allow access. Looking forward to more posts from this stream. That last fish was a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mike
      Thanks
      Mike we had a short but friendly conversation and I'm sure we'll talk some more. There is a lot of water to cover and exploration is always wonderful.

      Delete
  4. Alan
    Thanks to a willing landowner you have found another prize stream. I'm really impressed with the size of the stream and of couuse its residents. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Trussell
      Thanks
      Bill yes it's a good feeling when you here OK. I can't wait to poke around further upstream.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Shawn
      Thanks
      Exploration is so much fun. I can't wait to see what's beyond the next bend.

      Delete
  6. Hi Alan

    What an awsome find and what a gentleman landowner to let you fish through........

    We have a saying over here in my part of Yorkshire "Shy bairns get nowt!" - if you don't ak, you don't get. Well done for asking the question - the prize of those Brookies was worth the punt!

    Take care and stay safe

    Alistair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous
      Thanks
      Alistair asking is what gets it done. There are times when the answer is not what we like. There are those who have access to the resource and allow us to take part in it's enjoyment. And I say thanks.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Armando Milosevic
      Thanks
      So true. We as anglers find wonder in everything we encounter.

      Delete
  8. What a gem of a small stream, Alan. I am glad the land owner was a friendly sort and let you fish. The brookie that hit the ant is a real chunk! Dang, we need rain again around these parts!

    Best, Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam
      Thanks
      Sam I was not expecting to get his approval, but I was so thankful he granted it. There are some who will trash private lands and that is a big reason folks post it. We have to be considerate.

      Delete
  9. I like this – Gulvafslibning | Kurt Gulvmand , enjoyed this one appreciate it for putting up keep update – Gulvafslibning | Kurt Gulvmand. Stream2Watch

    ReplyDelete
  10. By And Large I do not post on blogs, but I should to say that this post really forced me to do so. Genuinely nice article! Stream2Watch

    ReplyDelete