Monday, March 6, 2023

Staying Connected

 Happy 2023. Hope we are finding all of you well. 

As of February 19th, we have made it through a year without Pops, and the time has flown by. 

Lots of firsts. Lots of changes. Lots of adjustments. Lots of growing pains. Some days have been harder than others. Thoughts of him never too far away. 

Most of our days are spent making sure Mom is happy, healthy, and safe. With some adventures and Maverick play time thrown in. We've all managed to adjust to the "new normal" of life without Pops. 

We have unfortunately lost touch with many of you, as life hasn't allowed for much time for corresponding and blogging, something we hope to get back in to more regularly. 

With that being said, Pops original email for contact is no longer accessible to us. So, we wanted to share a new email for contact, and corresponding, as we hate to lose touch with all of you. 

If you would like to reach out for any reason, we can be reached at uppahdam@gmail.com going forward. 

Thank you for all your continued support and kind words. We hope to hear from you soon!

Alan Jr. & Family




8 comments:

  1. I don't think you ever stop thinking about your parents. My dad died 55 years ago, my mother 42 years ago and I still think about them occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you again, and I hope everyone is doing well. I bet Maverick is getting big. Please do share photos of him when you get the chance and continue to post when you can.

    John V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear family, I’m glad to read you’re adjusting and making it through perhaps the most difficult transition in life. I only “knew” your father from corresponding with him via SSR but please know that he’s often in my thoughts as I chase our Brookies here in Massachusetts. Time spent on my local small streams always brings memories of your dad’s eloquent post. A great many of his fly-fishing philosophies and tying observations I now treasure. I have been rereading SSR along with all of his and his readers comments. I continue enjoy and learn from them. He was an amazing person.

    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping in touch. I wish you all the best and understand your continued sense of grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alan Jr & Family
    It is good to hear from you. Thank you for the update.
    I wish you all the best with the challenges before you.
    Regards,
    Beaverdam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for maintaining your father's blog. I revisit it occasionally to enjoy, once again, your Dad's passion for native brook trout in small streams. He inspired many of us to create our own outdoor adventures.
    Bill Love
    Sandpoint, Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy to hear from you and that you are well with your mother and the Maverik company. I send you all a big hug wishing you a very happy new year 2023...

    ReplyDelete