Thursday, October 21, 2010

S.S. Reflections, "Good Books"

A wonderful easy reading book. Its a book I pick up and glance through many times.

The book contains many of James Prosek's beautiful watercolor paintings.

This is another good book. It takes you to a special cabin in Michigan's upper penisula.




While I spend a lot of my time outdoors, there are times when its not comfortable to do so. Thats when a good book will fill in some time.

These are two of my favorites. They are well written, with lots of facts, and beautiful photos and paintings. They are not part of the throngs of "How To" books but they are of real life stories that show us how wonderful fly fishing is.

With the Holidays coming soon perhaps you should consider putting one of these fine books on your list.


8 comments:

  1. Would make for fine reading during the cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading Voelker's pond and just a hour ago received my long awaited copy of Anatomy of a Fisherman by Robert Traver. I know what I will be doing tonight.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Prosek's writing and painting. I think I have everything he's done.

    Not familiar with Voelker's Pond (Familiar wit hVoelker / Traverse, but not the book you highlighted)

    Yay!! New book to read over the Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. troutrageous1, Books to enjoy for sure.

    Morne, Another good one.

    Wolfy, I too enjoy Prosek's works. Voelker's Pond is something you'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prosek has a very interesting project (video and book) "The Complete Angler: A Connecticut Yankee Follows in the Footsteps of Walton". Really good.. Youtube has some video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. penbayman,
    Looks like it would be a good read. I'll have to check into it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received my first copy of Anatomy of a Fisherman frim my wife in 1978 as a Xmas present. Since then I have read that book a dozens of times as well as his other books. He has always been my Idol!
    Joel Stansbury

    ReplyDelete