Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Inspiration

Inspiration comes in various ways and not all are required to have such a need. I for one require this and seem to get it most from this book. I have a modest library, most texts are of interests relating to fly fishing, but they are not of the "how to" type of books but books of actual happenings.

"Voelker's Pond" is a book about Robert Traver and a place called Frenchman's Pond. The location of Frenchman's is in the woods of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The pond and it's resident brook trout, the "cabin" and the fellows of Voelker's crew are all mentioned and tied into what is life there.

The peace and serenity of Frenchman's is brought forth on almost every page of this journal. I have had this book in my possession for perhaps ten years and I read from it almost daily.


So if your somewhat tired of reading about the fact that your 12 ft leader is not long enough, and the fly your using need a wrap of peacock herl to be effective, or perhaps that 8ft rod should really really be 9 feet. Then your ready to read "Voelker's Pond"





19 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful book BrkTrt... I'm going to have to look it up! Thanks for the tip!
    Will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hibernation,
      Thanks.
      Will I know your going to enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. The header Photo on this page is just outstanding!! Reminder of warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TROUT1,
      Thanks.
      Pete I got tired of looking at all that ice and snow. Notice the black bear?

      Delete
  3. Alan
    One can develop a kindred spirit with book like this, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill Trussell,
      Thanks.
      That for sure my friend.

      Delete
  4. That would appear to be a book for life me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing for me my wife is a librarian and could get this on loan, I'll bet. Sounds more up my alley than the instruction books. Thanks for the recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey,
      Thanks.
      By all means have her pick it up. You'll gain a lot from its pages.

      Delete
  6. One of my favorite authors and a must read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howard,
      Thanks.
      I'm in complete agreement with you.

      Delete
  7. Alan,
    I would like to purchase a copy of your book. What do I do?
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ray henley,
      Thanks.
      Ray you can email me at uppahdam@aol.com
      I'll give you the details.

      Delete
  8. Love to read the stories of R. Traver, and this book certainly is one I'd keep an eye out for. Thanks for its recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to read the stories of R. Traver, and this book certainly is one I'd keep an eye out for. Thanks for its recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rivertoprambles,
      Thanks.
      I'm sure you would hold it close Walt.

      Delete