Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Fall Outing

A beautiful reflection, "small stream style"
Yesterday was one refreshing day. I had a few things to take care of early in the morning so my start time was delayed some. Once completed and I was on the stream. There was a stiff breeze at times and although the sun was out for the most part there were also those times of clouds and that's when I felt the chill. The rain we had seems to have brought the water levels up, and that triggered a migration.



As I moved along the stream I noticed a few things. The places where I had before taken brookies were now void of them. Where did they go?


Well I finally managed to get one to take a dry fly. How beautiful is this...a male brook trout decked out in his autumn attire, rising to a classic dry fly...folks it does not get better then that.


The water at times looked so black. With the colored fallen leaves it looked like a night sky with the stars sparkling brightly.


I managed to fool a few more, I was surprised that all of the trout today were taken on dry flies.


But what was a plus this day was the sight of brook trout spawning all along the stream. I did not disturb them for their mission is far to important.


Mission accomplished....I viewed to whole process here. Thanks.










12 comments:

  1. just beautiful...

    a fall outing is SO much better than a falling out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TexWisGirl
      Thanks
      Theresa nicely done....I might add its also better than "falling in"

      Delete
  2. What an awesome day, Alan. You caught brookies in a beautiful place, and witnessed something few of us ever will. I saw the brookies running up a small rivulet a couple of years ago just like salmon plowing through leaves and jumping small water falls. I hate to think what that little rivulet is like right now with the lack of rain. Regards, Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parachute Adams
      Thanks
      Sam brook trout are by far the strongest willed fish. They will get to where they have to in order to carry on. I to witnessed them plowing into some difficult locations.
      As far as rainfall is concerned I think the brookies will wait sometime if necessary.

      Delete
  3. stunning as always Alan
    regards
    George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George
      Thanks
      Don't you just love this time of year.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos Al!!It is good to see that the brookies are still able to carry on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TROUT1
      Thanks
      Pete they are strong and determined.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Millers River Flyfisher
      Thanks
      Ken your right....I know you would have done the same.

      Delete