Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Carrie's Challenge

My self and twenty or so other fly tyers will partake in a challenge to tie a Rangeley streamer as Carrie Stevens did in her day. The rules are this. Tie the streamer with no vise, the hook will be held in our fingers and compleated in that fashion. The only tools allowed are a bodkin, bobbin, and scissors. We will have one shot to compleat the fly, no practice flies, no do overs. This August 15 is the 40th anniversary of Carrie Stevens Day at Upperdam Maine. The streamer to be tied is Carrie's Favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Did they used to tie flies in that way? Sounds really difficult. I very much would like to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know she was the only one.

    I'll post my finger tied streamer when complated.

    ReplyDelete